A moist and fudgy keto brownie is the byproduct of a pregnant lady (me) wanting something chocolaty and caky one night and not wanting to actually jack up my insulin levels while pregnant. I started out looking up recipes on “the Google” (as my daughter says) but in my mommy-brain haze I started mixing ingredients from two different recipes and then one of them gave the ingredients in grams and I didn’t want to spend 15 minutes trying to convert the measurements… so I tossed aside my phone and did my own experiment and it turned out pretty darn yummy, if I do say so myself. Hope you love this low carb version of a classic treat too!
Please use #fthediet and tag me @thebrianamichel if you post your try with this recipe on Instagram so I can see!
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweet cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp xylitol
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup nut butter, melted (almond is great!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick grass-fed butter
- ½ tsp baking powder (non-aluminum)
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt nut butter and butter and stir together until well mixed. Stir in cocoa, baking powder and sweeteners. Add in one egg at a time and stir well in between. Mix in almond flour. Pour into greased cake pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a fork comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.