I would be lying if I said the smell of biscuits fresh out of the oven didn’t elicit a Pavlovian drool response. I LOVE BREAD! That is why I lied to myself for years telling myself it was ok to keep bread in my diet. My body decided to put a halt to that notion after years of bread overload. Gluten and high glycemic “bread-like” foods are not my friend! The high carb content ensures I retain water and gives me a softer look (not what I want after a great workout – to look like I haven’t been putting the effort in!). The gluten bloats my belly, breaks my face out and gives me mouth ulcers. I needed to find a recipe that made me feel like I still got to have my pleasures without suffering the pain of those indulgences.
In walks the almond flour biscuit! Can you see the skies parting and hear the angels singing? These little F*Bombs (meaning healthy fats and fiber) are moist, cakey and delicious with a pat of grass fed butter or with mixed cheese bubbling up on top. The best part is there are 3 main ingredients and super simple to make. You are welcome!!!
- ½ Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1½ - 2 Cups Blanched almond flour (although I've used unbalanced as well; they are darker and a little heavier in texture but still good)
- ½ Stick Grass-fed butter, chilled
- ½ tsp Baking soda OR Cream of Tatar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- In a mixing bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form
- In a separate bowl, mash together almond flour, baking soda or cream of tartar, and butter until butter is in little chunks and mix resembles a re coarse meal.
- Slowly fold in almond flour mix into the egg whites
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop out batter onto greased baking sheet
- Space biscuits 2 inches apart and they will expand
- Cook until golden and a toothpick comes out clean from the center
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.