I love chocolate, that is NO secret! That is why I had to come up with a way to enjoy it at breakfast once in a while without the guilt. Enter Chocolate Covered Chia Half/Baked; the second addition in the line up of three delicious flavors of our powered up oatmeal. Chia boasts a filling fiber content and the ability to hold up to 9 times its weight in liquid, making it even more filling and satisfying in the belly! It has a healthy fat composition and makes the perfect addition to boring old oatmeal.
Chocolate Chia Half/Baked also includes hemp seeds for more protein, fiber and healthy fats with a slight nutty flavor and whey protein for muscle repair and recovery. This power combination is a force to be reckoned with giving you most of your essential needs to start your day! The sugar effects from the milk chocolate are lessened by the high fiber content in Half/Baked. Woohoo! Now we can have chocolate anytime! Sometimes I like to get a little more festive and a tad bit fancier than just adding water and microwaving my Half/Baked inot oatmeal gooey goodness, so Mint Chocolate Chia Chip Cookies here we come!
- 2 Packets Chocolate Covered Chia Half/Baked
- ⅓ Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose flour OR ¼ cup Coconut flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ tsp mint extract
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder OR Cream of Tartar
- Crumbled Candy Cane pieces
- Water, as needed for dough like consistency
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a blender add GF flour and 1 packet of Chocolate Covered Chia Half/Baked
- Pulse for a few seconds to redefine the oats and mix the flour. For a hearty texture stir in the second packet so oats are left in tact. If you want a smoother texture, pulse both Half/Baked packets together with flour.
- Stir in eggs, butter, mint and vanilla extracts, baking powder/cream of tartar, and candy pieces (if using them).
- Slowly add water as needed to make a cookie dough consistency.
- Scoop onto greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean from the center.
Enjoy with a cup of peppermint tea! For smarter eating and healthy weight loss download The F*Bomb Diet today! I forgot to take a picture during my last batch (the image in this blog gets photo credit from sheknows.com – I will upload my own photo as soon as I remake these tasty treats!)
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.