Saturday mornings at our house, I like to try making a new breakfast. Something a bit more fun then our weekday eggs done fifty ways. I haven’t had a slice of real coffee cake in…I can’t remember how long but for some reason it popped into my head. The last thing I want to do in the mornings is send myself (or my family) on a major sugar rush, so I wanted to come up with a much lower carb, higher fiber version that can still pass my five year olds sniff and taste test. I took stock of what I already had in-house and came up with my own variation. The texture is still a little “grainy” (even though this is a grain-free recipe) but it was moist enough and very flavorful to make up for the less caky feel. I also whipped up some coconut cream and melted cinnamon butter over the top… got your attention now didn’t I? Without further delay here is the Keto Coffee Cake recipe
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 TBSP non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more if you like!)
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ⅔ cup melted organic coconut oil
- ½ cup xylitol
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or make your own lower sugar brown sugar - 1 cup sugar free sweetener of your choice, like erythritol or xylitol + ¾ teaspoon molasses, blackstrap is preferred + 2-4 drops extract of your choice: butterscotch, maple, or rum)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 whole organic eggs
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk, unsweet (if batter is too dry add more)
- Coconut Cream Topping:
- 1 can organic coconut cream (cold/ refrigerated overnight)
- 2 Tbsp xylitol
- 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar (or Swerve confectioners for lower sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Butter:
- 2 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp xylitol
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease round baking pan with coconut oil or harassed butter
- Melt coconut oil
- warm the coconut milk to room temp or just above (otherwise the cold milk will make the coconut oil Harden up when mixing the batter and it won't distribute evenly)
- COFFEE CAKE:
- In a large bowl, mix almond and coconut flours. Add cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix - set aside. In a large stand up mixing bowl, add in coconut oil, sweetener, milk, vanilla extract. Whisk for 1 minute. Add one egg at a time and mix for one minute between each egg. slowly add in dry mix to the wet mix until well combined. Pour batter into round cake pan. Bake 350 F for about 40-42 minutes. The top will brown but be sure not to burn it.
- COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM:
- Place metal mixing bowl in the fridge to chill. Once, chilled, remove from fridge. Open cold can of coconut cream or full fat coconut milk. Scoop out the solid cream into the cold metal bowl and leave behind the liquid. Add in sweetener, cinnamon and vanilla. Whip until frothy about 5-6 minutes on medium high speed.
- CINNAMON BUTTER:
- Melt butter, stir in cinnamon and xylitol. Use spoon to drizzle over each coffee cake slice. Add dollop of coconut whipped cream. Enjoy with a delicious cup of organic coffee or tea!
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.