My husband has been amazing throughout my pregnancy. He has really chipped in to try to make meals and keep baby and myself well nourished while I am running like mad trying to finish a lot of projects and prep a lot of things before baby comes. He gets really excited when he makes a “winner” that is his own creation and not just repeating one of my meals. I appreciate it whatever it is, because I know it was made with consideration and love. I have never really given much thought to egg salad because I associate it with the store bought junk they pass off as real food in the deli section. BUT… my husbands simple recipe is incredibly delicious and has become my new obsession! I have eaten it on top of steamed broccoli with sprouts, as an open face gluten-free sandwich, just in a bowl by itself and on top of a salad mix. I am sure in the coming weeks I will be able to list 5 more ways I have enjoyed this creamy nourishing recipe! Hope you enjoy it just as much! Great to keep in a container in the fridge for quick grab and go protein and fat.
- 12 organic hardboiled eggs (we use the little dome egg cookers for a 12 minute cook time!)
- ¾ cup real mayo (we use Sir Kensington's because it is without the EDTA and soybean oil crud! Just real ingredients)
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- ¼ cup diced onion
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Hard boil a dozen eggs. Let them cool, then peel. Diced up eggs into small chunks. In a large bowl using a spatula mash in mustard, mayo, salt and pepper with the eggs. Fold in the raw chopped onion. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Add fresh sprouts to the top - this is a game changer too.. the spouts add a texture and earthiness that compliment the eggs.
- Have on a bed of greens, over broccoli, scoop with cucumbers or do an open face sammy. Makes about 5 servings.
Here are some of the ways I have been enjoying my wonderful husbands Egg Salad!
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.