I love FAT… if you have spent anytime on my social media or here on my website you should know this by now… FAT is the cat’s meow! So when I label a recipe with “fat” in the name it is a POSITIVE. It should have you saying “Heck yeah! I want to try that nourishing recipe!” For tips on how to Use Fat to Lose Fat get my free download with more information on fat and some great recipes too! Now on to my anti-inflammatory delicious beverage that is the perfect way to start or end your day!
Maybe you love a great curry dish, but have you researched the mighty little vibrant spice that makes the dish a powerful health agent. The bright yellow color is thanks to turmeric. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant, but the benefits don’t stop there.
Benefits of Turmeric (due to the active ingredient curcumin):
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory – as we know chronic inflammation can lead to a multitude of diseases and pain so putting out the flames is imperative for better health and active living.
- Curcumin has powerful antioxidant effects. It neutralizes free radicals on its own, then stimulates the body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
- Boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in the brain.
- Improved heart health. Curcumin has beneficial effects on several factors known to play a role in heart disease. It improves the function of the endothelium (the tissue that forms a single layer of cells lining various organs and cavities of the body, especially the blood vessels, heart, and lymphatic vessels) and is a potent anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
- Improved cognitive function. It can cross the blood-brain barrier and has been shown to lead to various improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Arthritis is a common disorder characterized by joint inflammation. Many studies show that curcumin can help treat symptoms of arthritis and is in some cases more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Relieving symptoms of depression. A study in 60 depressed patients showed that curcumin was as effective as prozac in alleviating the symptoms of depression.
There are many turmeric and concentrated curcumin supplements on the market, but why not enjoy your anti-inflammatory ingredients with this yummy, soothing tincture?! Enter the Fat Turmeric Latte!
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 3 Tbsp organic half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp grass-fed butter
- 1 scoop MCT oil powder or 2 tsp MCT oil
- ⅛ tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon or one cinnamon stick if heating milk on the stove
- 2 tbsp honey or other sweetener to taste
- In a small pot on low heat add in milk, cream, butter, spices and cinnamon stick. Stir occasionally. Cook until hot but not boiling. Remove cinnamon stick. Pour into glass jar blender, add in MCT oil powder (or MCT oil - I recommend the powder though to help minimize digestive discomfort for those not used to taking MCT oil, also as the latte cools you won't get the oil separating to the top if you use the powder). Blend on medium-low until frothy. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy the nourishment! #fthediet
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.