My daughter lives on broccoli and carrots and it is hard to get her to eat any other veggies sometimes. Plain broccoli with butter night after night gets old, so I made these up to 1) add in cauliflower 2) add fiber (the almond flour adds a gluten free fiber base!) 3) change up the flavor and texture to make veggies fun! I found I also really enjoyed them. They can be eaten plain, with a smear of grass-fed butter, dipped in marinara sauce or with melted cheese on top! Get creative! Post your creations with #FtheDiet so I can see how yours turned out!
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed out
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup almond flour (fine)
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- (Optional: any other spices or seasonings you enjoy.) 😊
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until smooth. Preheat oven to 350 F. On parchment or greased foil, use a tablespoon to make rounds of the mixture spaced about 1-2 inches apart (these don't really spread out when cooking so you can pile them close together). Bake about 15 minutes or until they begin the brown and don't easily sink in when pressed on. Enjoy plain, with melted cheese or butter on top or dip in a low sugar marinara sauce!
TIP: In a food processor, blended the broccoli, eggs, cheese and seasoning first until they are smooth, then add in cauliflower and process again until smooth. Once smooth, add in almond flour.
Cook on a greased foil or parchment paper (I did both and parchment worked best!). Scoop into dollops with a tablespoon. Bake until golden and toothpick comes out clean (about 15 minutes)
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.