Yep…I confess…. I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate! I don’t care if its a piece of chocolate, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate muffins, I don’t discriminate. BUT, I do however want it to 1) taste great 2) be good quality 3) not send me on a total sugar high/low. These moist little devils are yummy and in line with my lower sugar, higher fat lifestyle. Hope you enjoy them too! If you make a batch post a pic on social media with the #FtheDiet so I can see them and hear your feedback!
- Dry Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup erythritol or other low carb sweetener (I like Xyla and Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate roughly chopped or non-dairy chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life mini chips)
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 oz medium avocados (Yeah healthy fat!)
- 15-20 drops stevia drops (if you can tolerate stevia - otherwise use a little honey if you don't mind the sugar OR my erythritol)
- 4 large organic whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or organic heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Scoop out avocados and place them into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Sift together the coconut flour, almond flour, and cacao powder. Add the sweetener , cinnamon/vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Mix throughly..Add the liquid stevia or other sweetener, eggs, coconut milk, and the pureed avocado and process until well combined. Add chocolate to the mixture. Scoop the muffin batter into a muffin pan lined with paper cups or greased with a small amount of coconut oil or butter. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the tops are crispy and the muffins are firm. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool before serving. Keep in in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.