Is there any better way to disguise a vegetable than in brownie form? I don’t think so! I have to give credit to Chocolate Covered Katie for this inspiration. She used a higher glycemic flour base and made hers more of a cake, so check out her recipe too. I took some liberties and changed up her recipe a bit to fit what I had at home and to make it a little lower glycemic.
Mine turned out moist and not a hint of veggie taste when they boast two full cups of diced cauliflower. My five year old loved them and I was pleased to give her something higher fiber, low inflammatory, gluten-free and NOT from a box!
Give these a try when you have a sweet tooth craving. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Post your creation using #FtheDiet so I can see and like your photo!
Make them for an event and have your guests try to guess the secret ingredient.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour of choice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweet cocoa
- ⅓ cup xylitol or other sweetener
- ⅓ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups raw cauliflower (or frozen cauliflower that you thawed out)
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a food processor combine cauliflower with all liquid ingredients. Blend until very smooth. In a bowl combine all dry ingredient. Once mixed well add in wet mixture to dry mixture until well combined. Grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish. Pour in batter. Bake for about 30 minutes - until fork comes out clean
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.