Who hates the “what’s for dinner?” question as much as I do?! I needed a break from the same ol’ meals we make weekly, so I broke out my Instant Pot and had a craving for some healing, nourishing chicken and vegetable soup for the soul (and body, of course). I had a one-pot meal ready in under 30 minutes start to finish, with the cooking time being 21 total minutes (during which time I made Keto Everything Garlic Rolls to go with my soup!). The complete recipe is below.
A few quick notes:
1. for the broth I opted to use high-quality chicken bone broth from Kettle and Fire *(found online and I purchase at my local Publix but have seen it at Whole Foods and Sprouts too). Using broth from quality organic and pasture-fed animals is a must if you care about keeping inflammation low and getting maximum nutritional benefits. You are what you eat which means you are what the animal you eat also eats.
2. You can vary the veggies, just be careful which ones you put in for more than a couple minutes. If you want this batch to be re-heatable for a couple of days some of your veggies will get super soggy if you overcook them on day one.
3. Feel free to omit or add in more spice to your liking – the one I created had a nice zing to it without being too spicy. The sour cream cools down the spice on the tongue and adds a thickness to the soup as it melts.
(*I do NOT receive compensation from brand(s) named in my posts. I name them because they are what I personally use and like)
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup green peas
- 1 zucchini (peeled and deseeded) cut into small chunks
- 1 yellow squash (peeled and deseeded) cut into small chunks
- 1 cup cut carrots (I used crinkle cut store-bought)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- ½ tsp iodized sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- (for cooking directions click the link)
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute. Add in oil, garlic and onion. Cook until they become fragrant. Add in raw chicken breast and sautee until golden on each side.
- Hit Cancel.
- Then add the broth, salt, pepper, cayenne and manually set to high pressure cook for 15 minutes. Depressurize and remove lid.
- Add in all the vegetable (except for the broccoli if you don't like mushy broccoli).
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn off.
- Add in the brocoli and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot. I added in a dollop of organic sour cream and an extra dash of cayenne to mine!
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.