Here in Florida, “winter” weather is anything below 84 degrees! So the first day in the high 70s I broke out the meat and beans for my first ever attempt at homemade chili. With organic ingredients and grass-fed meat I was able to bring each LARGE, hearty serving size to around $2.70 each. Which beats the heck out of the $6 a bowl at local restaurants with who knows what kind of ingredients and $10 a container at the Wholefoods soup bar. Be forewarned my spice measurements are never an exact science. I am a dash, pour, sprinkle and taste as I go gal. So, you may want to do the same. Especially if you like it more mild or super spicy. Mine was moderate one the spice scale because my theory if you can always add after the fact, but if you over do you can ruin a great meal. This make a huge pot that can be reheated for days! Add in some Mexican blend shredded cheese and sour cream and it is one satisfying cool weather meal!
- 2 lbs grass-fed beef
- 2-14 oz cans red kindle beans
- 1-10oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 14 oz organic beef broth (or bone broth for extra minerals and gut healing)
- ¾ of a large red onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 jalepeno, diced (remove some seeds if you down want too spicy)
- 1 packet favorite taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp extrsa-virgin olive oil
- In a large heavy pot heat olive oil on medium high and sauté onions until they begin to brown. Add in garlic and jalapeño and sauté another minute. Add in beef and cook until brown. Add in seasonings and mix well. Add in broth, tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 45-60 minutes, covered. Chili should start to thicken. If it is still to thin for your liking, place 2-3 tbsp. gluten free all purpose flour in a separate bowl and scoop a cup of the hot liquid from the chili into the bowl and whisk together until the clumps are dissolved. Add the thick picture back into the chili and stir well. Let simmer another 5-10 minutes. Enjoy with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream and hey maybe even some chives!
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.