I announced the launch of a new flavor of Half/Baked this week during Cyber Monday and I have been up to my eyeballs in coconut order fulfillment. In the spirit of this fruit/nut/seed I decided to carry the sweetness over into the dinner hour. Enter Baked Coconut Chicken Bites. Mind you I am horrible with tracking measurements when I am in “experimental-creation” mode. Partly becuase I don’t always expect it to turn out well enough to want to repeat it, but mostly being precise with anything bores me! My kitchen usually ends up looking like a 6th grade science experiment gone wrong when I am finished preparing a meal.This recipe ended up being very easy and surprisinly DELICIOUS! (My measurments are close approximations, just cooker beware)
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts, cut into approx. 2 inch chunks
- 1 Cup Gluten-free O's cereal, blended into a fine powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Sweet Coconut Flakes
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. (Tip: use a baking sheet that has sides on it so you don't end up with burned coconut flakes on the bottom of your oven!)
- After blending cereal into a fine powder, mix in all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, add 1 egg and beat lightly.
- Toss each piece of chicken in the egg
- Wash and dredge through the crust mix making sure to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Place coated chicken nuggets about an inch apart on the baking sheet and bake until the outside is golden and the inside is no longer pink.
Enjoy plain or with your favorite dipping sauce. I used a spinach dip I made as the side dish/dip. I will post the crusted spinach dip in another blog post. Happy eating! NEED MORE WEIGHT LOSS OR WELLNESS HELP WITH FOOD? Download The F*Bomb Diet today!
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.