Most days I work from home unless I am required to be on a TV set or in the human performance lab so it can be easy to fall into an unproductive time-suck when you have access to a kitchen all day at home. During the day I am always tight in time and need to get in, get nourished and get back to work, kids and a million other demands. But I am not willing to throw my health out the window as a tradeoff. So I adapt by finding “cheats” for time. My cheat for this recipe is buying a natural, organic rotisserie chicken ready to be eaten instead of cooking one (Note – I have recently become an Instant Pot junkie, so making tasty shredded chicken can be done in under 15 minutes now too!). I get cravings for dill and Tzatziki, you too? So I whipped up a Greek-ish style chicken salad that was creamy and satisfying with protein, healthy fats, fiber and the fun flavors of garlic, onion and dill. (Keep mouthwash or gum handy after this one if you work in an office close to people! LOL).
- 3 oz shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 whole Haas avocado
- ⅓ cup organic sour cream
- 1 cucumber (peeled and de-seeding is optional)
- ½ tsp dill, dried
- ½ clove garlic, diced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- optional black pepper to taste
- optional red onion slices cut up or pinch of dried onion
- (This is for one single serving - but you can make this in a large batch for entertaining - can be served plain, in lettuce wraps or with gluten-free crackers)
- In a small bowl add sour cream, salt, pepper, dill and garlic and onion/onion powder - mix well. Cut cumber in half lengthwise and then cut each each in half again. Cut those cuc strips horizontally into small chunks. Place cucumber in a large bowl. Cut avocado up into small chunks, add into bowl with cucs. Shredded chicken and add into the large bowl - lightly mash up the avocado with the chicken. Add in your sour cream mixture and folw everything together. Enjoy!
- I enjoy this cold, but some people may want to warm the chicken.
Hi! I'm Briana Michel and for 7 years now I have used my background in integrated nutrition and fitness training to create the coolest and most emotionally rewarding job! I am the walking *asterisk you see on many TV commercials aired around the globe! You know the one that says “Results not typical.” But in my world, the results are TYPICAL!
Supercharge your health with my free guide Use The Fat To Lose The Fat and learn about body transformation opportunities and tips!
*Some of my suggestions may contain affiliate links. I only recommend things that I am using and I hope you'll enjoy them too. As always feel free to purchase your items without using my links.